EOI | Environment & Sustainability Community of Practice
Be part of IAP2 Australasia’s Environment & Sustainability Community of Practice!
Thank you for your interest in being part of our Environment & Sustainability Communities of Practice.
The purpose of this Community of Practice (CoP) group is to provide IAP2 Australasia members with a way to meet other practitioners within common areas of practice or expertise, and to extend networks, learn from each other, and share ideas and issues.
The aim is to build a CoP for experienced practitioners and complement the work IAP2 Australasia is doing to form other CoPs within common areas of practice of expertise.
An important aspect is providing a safe, confidential space for members to share issues they may be having and access a ‘brains trust’ to benefit from the experiences of others.
The group meets 6 to 8 times per year, generally on a Wednesday from 12:00pm – 1.15pm AEST.
Interested? Here’s what you need to do:
Submit a short email expressing your interest by responding to the below to email@example.com by close of business Monday 25 July 2022 (N.B. You must be an IAP2A member).
1. Contact Information
- Company / Organisation
- Suburb / State
- ZIP / Postal Code
- Phone Number
2. Are you able to commit to the following?
- Practical experience in program planning
- Good judgement in assessing prospective presenters for a successful conference
- Ability to put aside any commercial bias
- Collaborative and respectful approach to honest and open discussion
- Decision making skills
- A good understanding of current thinking and topics in engagement and public participation practice
- Ability to commit time to the working group
- Current member of IAP2 Australasia
- Broad range of engagement practice experience
- Access to a personal computer with a camera and audio to participate in the meetings and commit to attending at least 75% of the meetings
- Other (please specify) _______________
3. Have you previously been a member of an IAP2 CoP group?
4. Describe the skills or experience that you have that would support the work of the Environment & Sustainability Communities of Practice group. (For example, any areas of expertise or experiences you’d like to share)
5. Tell us why you are interested in volunteering on the Environment & Sustainability Communities of Practise group.
6. Is there anything else you want us to know?