About IAP2 Australasia
As the peak body for the community and stakeholder engagement sector, IAP2 Australasia, believes that engagement, when done well, improves social, environmental and economic outcomes and increases trust in the democratic process.
To champion engagement that improves environmental, social and governance outcomes.
Who we are
IAP2 Australasia is proud to be recognised as an affiliate of the International Association for Public Participation (IAP2).
We are a member association incorporating individuals, governments, institutions and other entities that affect the public interest throughout the world.
As a not-for-profit organisation, our aim is to advance the community engagement profession by providing training in, and communicating the principles of, public participation and how to achieve effective community and stakeholder engagement (or public participation).
The Australasian Affiliate, created by a handful of far-sighted, dedicated individuals in 1998 is one of the largest and fastest growing regions of the International Association.
With the implementation of a new governance structure in 2013, the current IAP2 Australasia Ltd Constitution was developed.
What we do
- Leads the national conversation on authentic community and stakeholder engagement.
- Advocates for genuine community and stakeholder engagement in alignment with the IAP2 Quality Assurance Standard for Community and Stakeholder Engagement.
- Recognises, publishes and awards best-practice through the annual IAP2 Core Value Awards.
- Leads the professionalisation of the sector through education, events, professional development, research and standards.
- Collaborates with key strategic partners to pursue our research and advocacy agendas.
IAP2 Tools & Resources
These include the Core Values for Public Participation for use in the development and implementation of public participation processes; the IAP2 Public Participation Spectrum which assists with the selection of the level of participation that defines the public’s role in any community engagement program; and the IAP2 Code of Ethics which guides the actions of those who advocate including all affected parties in public decision-making process.
Additionally, the Quality Assurance Standard for Community and Stakeholder Engagement, is recognised as the international standard for public participation practice.
Strategic Plan to 2025
Intended to be inspirational and aspirational, the plan encompasses the next 4 years to 30 June 2025 and is driven by three (3) overarching Strategic Goals.